So you’re considering adding a Bulldog to your family?
Here is a snapshot to help you determine if it’s the right breed for
· The Bulldog is an affectionate and fun loving breed of dog.
· Although a male Bulldog may stand about 16 inches at the shoulders, they can weigh up to 50 pounds.
· They enjoy being with their family and are good with children but need early socialization and obedience training to make them a positive family member.
· Although they are lovable and outgoing their protective nature makes them somewhat of a guard dog.
· Bulldogs do require daily exercise. Due to their brachycephalic face (short muzzle) owners must be careful not to over exert this breed in warm temperatures.
· Bulldogs can adjust to apartment living with their family but will need regular daily exercise to maintain their weight.
· Their coat sheds year round so they will need monthly grooming and they will need their face wrinkles cleaned regularly to avoid skin irritation.
· This breed’s average life span is eight years of age. Responsible breeders screen their dogs for orthopedic and genetic diseases before breeding them. Genetic defects found in some dogs of this breed include: brachycephalic syndrome (breathing difficulty), heart defects and skin conditions.
Click here for more information about Bulldogs