As someone who has traveled extensively with my dog, and birds, and is keenly aware of the challenges both in comfort and safety, I'm thrilled to see Toyota come out with a pet-friendly car called Venza. While I'm not a big fan of the exterior, some of the features they offer pet owners are really cool. They include a variety of accessories:
- a pet booster seat with an adjustable harness
- a rear hatch pet ramp for easy access (which comes in handy when you have a 120 lb. Sheepdog who can no longer get into the car on his own)
- removable waterproof seat covers for those snowy and rainy days
- a zipline for the rear seat, with a matching harness pet restraint system to allow for movement while keeping your pet restrained should an accident occur
- a dog leash tether to keep dogs from jumping out of the car or into the driver's area
- an adjustable pet barrier to keep pets in the back seat or rear cargo area
Kudos to Toyota for recognizing the important role pets play in our lives and for doing everything they can to help make traveling with our pets a much safer and comfortable experience . . . for everyone.
I wonder if they can retrofit my Land Cruiser?